Group Boxing Classes and Personal Training in Rancho Santa Margarita
Are you looking for a personal trainer in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA? If so, youâ€™ll find a growing number of trainers using skills taken from boxing, which combines cardio, muscle and speed work to get your body into the shape you desire.
Here are some of the best exercises that are used in boxing that are great to include in your personal training regimen. These power moves will have you feeling stronger, better toned, and more fit, too.
Sit-ups are great for strengthening your core. Itâ€™s a classic exercise that allows boxers to throw stronger punches and have more upper-body strength.
- Lay on the floor with legs spread
- Stretch your arms out in front of you (not behind your head)
- Use abdominal muscles to lift your torso off the floor
- Touch your feet with your outstretched hands
- Slowly and smoothly lower yourself down
Want stronger arms, core, shoulders and chest muscles? There are few exercises better than push-ups.
- Start upright with arms holding yourself with your shoulders directly over hands
- Tighten your thigh, abs and glute muscles
- Keep your back straight and your butt level with your back
- Cleanly lower yourself until your chest touches the floor
- Push yourself back to the starting position
Boxers need to learn to get back up again when knocked down. Burpees are a great way to build strength and endurance and make those falls easier to recover from.
- Start in a squatting position with hands in front of you on the floor
- Kick out your feet into a push-up position and drop your body to the floor
- Return to a squat as fast as possible
- Jump into the air immediately as high as possible
- Jump rope
Jumping rope is a must-do for boxers wanting to improve footwork, agility and coordination. It also improves endurance and can be done anywhere. In addition to single jumps, try adding double jumps or alternating high-knee jumps
Pull-ups work on so many muscle groups: core, arm, chest, shoulder and back. Find a sturdy bar to hang from and youâ€™re good to go.
- Palms facing you, start at a dead hang with your elbows straight
- Cross your feet, squeeze your glutes keep your shoulders back and chest up
- Pull yourself up until your chin reaches the bar
- Lower down smoothly
- Walking lunges
Lunges improve your flexibility and balance while strengthening core, glutes and legs.
- Stand upright with feet together
- Take a step forward with one leg, while bending both knees at a 90-degree angle. The back knee should not touch the floor and the front knee should be over the ankle
- Press the heel of your front leg toward the floor while simultaneously pushing off on the back foot to bring that leg forward
- Shadow box
What would a boxing-themed workout be without a little boxing? Shadow boxing improves footwork, agility, coordination and stamina. Shadow boxing lets you jab, lunge and do combination punches at the same time you move your feet.
Ballard Fitness in Rancho Santa Margarita offers personal training and a range of fitness classes, including boxing fitness classes.